Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Guilty Pleasure

Guilty pleasures... we all have them, most of the time we just keep them to ourselves.  But this is a place to ramble about myriads of nothingness so why not talk about it here? 
I love to read, I always have. Unfortunately for me though I have a highly addictive personality so reading comes with a price. If I am in the mood to read, I can't just read a few chapters and out the book down. I have to read the entire thing as fast as I can. It usually takes me less than 24 hours to read a book. That is why I HATE to buy a book. I read them so fast and then never read them again, it seems like such a waste of money. I'm sure you are thinking "umm Brittany, reading isn't a guilty pleasure." No, it is not. but what I read is. I love cheesy young adult novels. Anything that is about a witch, demon, vampire, angel, fallen angel, fairy, or mythical creature is what I want. I know I should read things more my age but these books just grab my attention and swallow my mind. I honestly can't relate to anything in them but can't get enough of them.



I love finding a poorly written "free" novel on my Kindle app, reading it in a few hours and looking forward to the next in the series. I have tried reading sci fi books that arn't young adult books and just cannot seem to get into them. I guess my reading maturity level needs to catch up with me, but until that happens I will continue to devour every cheesy sci fi romance novel I can get my hands on!

I just so happened to grab a new series last night at the library. "City of Bones" by Cassandra Clare. First book in the Mortal Instruments series. Books 1-3 are in hand. Let the snow days begin!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment